1. Hold the needle with the cast on stitches in your right hand and the empty needle and yarn in your left hand.
2. Insert the left needle from front to back into the first cast on stitch on the right needle. Keep the left needle under the right needle and the yarn at the back.
3. Wrap the yarn under and over the left needle in a counter-clockwise motion.
4. With the left needle, catch the yarn and pull it through the stitch on the right needle.
5. Slip the cast on stitch off the right needle. The left needle holds the new stitch. Continue to repeat these steps until you have worked all of the stitches from the right needle to the left needle. This completes 1 row of stitches.
Basic Purl Stitch for lefties
1. As with knitting, hold the needle with the stitches in your right hand and the working needle in your left. The yarn is held and manipulated with your left hand and is kept to the front of the work.
2. Insert the left needle from back to front into the back loop of the first stitch on the right needle.
3. Wrap the yarn clockwise over and under the left needle, holding the yarn taut with yor left index finger.
4. Draw the left needle through the stitch, bringing the yarn with it, making a new stitch on the left needle.
5. Slip the stitch off the right needle. Repeat these stitches until you have completed 1 row of purl stitches.
Add comment to this page:
Today, there have been 1 visitorson this page!
About this page
This is a blog about my left handed knitting and crocheting adventures! Come join me in the learning and experiences!